I pulled this article down for a few weeks while I contemplated the benefits of commercializing this recipe. Several people have encouraged me to do it but, I have decided against it. Some things are more important than money. With times being as they are, I think the benefits of sharing this recipe freely, outweigh the benefits of profiting from it. The recipe below may help some of you with your preparedness efforts and that is worth it to me, so here you go...
- 6 tbsp of cultured buttermilk powder.
- 4 c. high altitude, whole wheat flour. (All-purpose flour works fine but I much prefer the nutritional value of wheat flour.)
- 4 c. instant oatmeal or old fashioned rolled oats.
- 4 tsp baking powder.
- 1 c. crushed nuts of your choice. I use walnuts. The nuts are mainly for protein. I also add one, heaping scoop of protein powder for additional protein. If you're allergic to nuts or would rather not have them, add 2 additional scoops of protein powder.
- 1 tsp baking soda.
- 6 tbsp peanut butter. (Shortening works fine but, again, I prefer the nutritional value of peanut butter).
- 4 tbsp brown sugar.
- 1 c. raisins.
- 3 tsp cinnamon.
- 6½-7 c. very hot water.
In Liberty, Cope Reynolds (Desertscout1)
Colts and Kimbers are what you show your friends.
GLOCKS are what you show your enemies!